Steven Hill, MD
Dr. Hill is Professor and Vice-Chair of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. He currently serves as the Division Chief for Anesthesiology Critical Care and is the Co-Medical Director of the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit at Clements University Hospital.
- Medical School at Vanderbilt University
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Veteran of 8 years in the U.S. Army Medical Corps
- Trained in Anesthesiology and Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology at Duke University Medical Center and was on faculty at Duke for 15 years
- Developed the Duke University Center for Blood Conservation
- Served as Treasurer and Member of the Board of Directors for the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management
- Moved to Texas in 2013 to build a Cardiovascular Surgical Critical Care Program for Clements University Hospital at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Served as Vice-Chair of University Hospitals from 2015-2018
Research interests include patient blood management, blood substitutes and intraoperative normovolemic hemodilution.
There are no financial relationships to disclose.