Yull Arriaga, Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
Yull Arriaga MD, is a board certified medical oncologist and hematologist. Currently he works as a dedicated research-physician for the Center for AI, Research, and Evaluation (CARE) within IBM Watson Health (WH). In addition, he is a Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. Before training as a hematologist-oncologist, he practiced general internal medicine providing care in a US medically underserved area for a period of 6 years.
- Academic clinical practice in gastrointestinal and genitourinary medical oncology at the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center. University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, a NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center.
- Clinical Research –Principal investigator and sub investigator of multiple gastrointestinal (GI) and genitourinary (GU) oncology clinical trials at the Simmons Cancer Center
- Ex-member of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Ex-vice Chair of the Data and Safety Monitoring Board (DSMC). Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center. University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Teaching –medical students, internal medicine residents and hematology oncology fellows at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Current Responsibilities at IBM Watson Health:
- Design, conduct, and disseminate results of rigorous scientific research related to IBM WH offerings
- Lead and support collaboration among WH design / development teams, IBM and external scientists, academic partners, and clients
- Collaborate with different IBM WH teams involved in the design, development, evaluation, and commercialization of informatics-based solutions for diverse healthcare organizations and systems
Dr. Arriaga s an experienced hematologist-oncologist with passion for learning, professional growth, and advancing research in health informatics and oncology. His goal is to achieve excellence and become a leader as a clinician-investigator of the IBM Watson Health CARE team.