- Currently Administrative Manager in the Department of Psychiatry. Briefly what that means is that all actions involving our classified, A&P, fellows, postdocs and temps (300+) are reviewed by me, that includes hiring, pay, leave and benefits, discipline, promotions and increases and departure from either the department or the University.
- Prior to coming to the Dept of Psychiatry I worked in the Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology in a division with 650 classified staff in 14 clinics through-out Dallas County. Prior to Ob/Gyn I was the Employee Relations Supervisor in Human Resources.
- I retired from the Air Force in 1995 where the majority of my military career I was a Personnel or Administrative Officer. I was assigned throughout Asia and mostly in the Northeast USA. My last assignment in the military was as the Chief of Social Actions where I was responsible for the Equal Opportunity and Diversity programs for a military installation in Japan with 10K active military members and 15K family members and contract employees.
- I graduated from the University of Texas in Austin on an academic and military scholarship and was the only female in my year group in the 4 military services with programs at the university and the first female at the institution to receive an ROTC scholarship.
- I’m the proud mother of 2 children, a son who is an environmental scientist and a daughter who is currently a student at UT Austin with plans to pursue her PhD at NYU. I will be celebrating 30 years of marriage this year.
There are no financial relationships to disclose.