EM1701B "Living Kidney Donation: Altruism at its Finest … But What Are the Risks?" (IM GR-010617)
Living kidney donation benefits recipients but carries short term and long term risks for the donor. This talk will summarize the current understanding of these risks and provides a perspective regarding long-term management of these kidney donor.
UT Southwestern faculty, fellows, residents and medical students, community physicians, nurse clinicians, physician assistants and nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the evaluation of a potential living donor.
- Understand the long-term renal risk and pregnancy risk after donation.
- Understand the long-term risk with donation from a medically complex donor.
- Impact of ethnicity on medical outcomes and renal risk after donation.
- Long-term management of prior living kidney donors.
Swee-Ling Levea, M.D.
Division of Nephrology
- 1.00 AMA