EM1708F "Therapeutic Cannabis: What Clinicians Need to Know … and other Fun Facts" (IM GR-080417)
- Provide an introduction to the Endocannabinoid System
- Provide a context for reading the medical literature regarding therapeutic cannabis
- Provide a foundation for having an informed discussion with patients, families and colleagues
UT Southwestern faculty, fellows, residents and medical students, community physicians, nurse clinicians, physician assistants and nurses.
At the conclusion of this presentation the listener should be able to:
- Describe the regulatory history of cannabis in the United States
- Understand the fundamentals of the Endocannabinoid System
- Recognize the different types of cannabis products, how they are produced and their basic pharmacokinetics
- Articulate some of the common uses of therapeutic cannabis and the data on effectiveness
Steven Leach, M.D.
Professor of Internal Medicine
Associate Vice Chair for Clinical Operations
Holder of the Irene Wadel and Robert I. Atha Professorship in Internal Medicine
in Honor of John W. Burnside, M.D.
Division of General Internal Medicine
- 1.00 AMA