EM1708G "Primary Biliary Cholangitis/Cirrhosis” (IM GR-081117)
- To improve clinical management of patients with PBC
- To show physicians and scientists how recent advances in our understanding of bile acid metabolism and inflammation may be relevant to the pathogenesis of PBC and may lead to new therapies
UT Southwestern faculty, fellows, residents and medical students, community physicians, nurse clinicians, physician assistants and nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Recall the new name for primary biliary cirrhosis of “primary biliary cholangitis” and understand why the name was changed
- Recognize the full spectrum of clinical presentation of PBC
- Know the two FDA-approved therapies for PBC, and their mechanism of action
Marlyn J. Mayo, M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Digestive & Liver Diseases
- 1.00 AMA