EM1708I "Fact Checking the Lores of Thrombophilia Testing" (IM GR-082517)
To help the audience understand the utility of hypercoagulable work up in various clinical situations.
UT Southwestern faculty, fellows, residents and medical students, community physicians, nurse clinicians, physician assistants and nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Name the inherited and acquired hypercoagulable states
- Differentiate between the hypercoagulable states associated with arterial versus venous thromboses
- Identify the main determinants of duration of anticoagulation for venous thromboembolism
- Know the appropriate time to test for hypercoagulable states if desired
- Know the appropriate reasons for hypercoagulable tests
Yu-Min Shen, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Hematology / Oncology
- 1.00 AMA
Activities should be run with recent versions of common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome