EM1807H “Home Based Primary Care: An Economic and Patient Perspective” (IM GR-072718)
The purpose of this session is to understand how home-based pliancy care programs can have a positive economic impact on health care spending while providing high quality of care to the most vulnerable.
UT Southwestern faculty, fellows, residents and medical students, community physicians, nurse clinicians, physician assistants and nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Know and understand the ageing demographics
- Know that a small proportion of high risk people are driving majority of health care costs
- Understand the health policy implications of the rapidly growing older population with multiple chronic conditions and functional impairment
- Know the data for the independence at home Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services demonstration project and its implications
- Appreciate the positive impact of Home Based Primary Care on patients and caregiver perspective.
Namirah Jamshed, M.D., AGSF
Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
Division of Geriatric Medicine Medical
Director, Care of the Vulnerable Elderly (COVE) House Call Program
Mildred Wyatt and Ivor P. Wold Center for Geriatric Care
- 1.00 AMA