EM2108B "Inflammatory Myocardial Disease: Updates and Prospects for the Future" (IM GR-080621)
This lecture will discuss recent data on acute myocarditis and inflammatory cardiomyopathy. Specific topics include current assessment of disease burden, etiology, presentation, and treatment options. In addition, research evidence of pathogenesis of myocarditis will be discussed.
UT Southwestern faculty, fellows, residents and medical students, community physicians, nurse clinicians, physician assistants and nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the most common viral cause of myocarditis
- Explain the presentation of acute myocarditis and indication for hospitalization.
- Discuss the indication for CMRI versus endomyocardial biopsy as diagnostic tool.
- Explain the definition and implication of the complicated form of acute myocarditis.
- Name the treatment strategies.
Dian Cao, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
Division of Cardiology
- 1.00 AMA