EM2110E "Transitions of Care: Research, Implementation Science, and Public Policy" (IM GR100121)
This presentation will review common problems that arise after hospital discharge, the effectiveness of clinical and policy interventions to improve care transitions, and considerations for health system implementation
UT Southwestern faculty, fellows, residents and medical students, community physicians, nurse clinicians, physician assistants and nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Name several challenges that patients commonly face following hospital discharge.
- Describe at least one aspect of discharge planning and care coordination that is prone to errors.
- Summarize key provisions of the Hospital Readmission Reduction Program.
- Estimate the percentage of hospital readmissions that are potentially preventable.
- List common elements of multi-component care transition interventions.
Sunil Kripalani, M.D., MSc, SFHM, FACP
Professor, Department of Medicine, Section of Hospital Medicine
Director, Center for Health Services Research
Director, Center for Clinical Quality and Implementation Research
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
I.G. Bromberg Memorial Visiting Professorship
- 1.00 AMA