EM2309D "Endoscopic Therapies for Weight Loss: Current and Future Paradigms" (IM GR-090823)
Purpose and Overview
1. Discuss the unmet need in obesity and associated metabolic disease.
2. Review basis for the gastrointestinal tract being central in weight and metabolic regulation.
3. Provide an overview of currently available endoscopic bariatric and metabolic therapies (EBMTs).
4. Highlight future directions and innovations of endoscopic therapies for weight loss.
UT Southwestern faculty, fellows, residents and medical students, community physicians, nurse clinicians, physician assistants and nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Have an understanding of the significant unmet need of obesity and associated metabolic disease.
- Have an overview of endoscopic bariatric and metabolic therapies (EBMTs) and understand why they play a significant role in the management of obesity and associated metabolic disease.
- Realize the full spectrum of care is needed to optimally treat obesity including obesity pharmacotherapy, endoscopic bariatric therapies and bariatric surgery.
Shawn Shah, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
Division of Digestive & Liver Diseases
- 1.00 AMA