185 Hospitalist Grand Rounds: "Hospitalist Grand Rounds" (091619)
Educational lecture series targeting health care professionals. Parkland and Clements Hospital Medicine Grand Rounds will be a monthly CME accredited lecture series that is primarily aimed at health care providers providing care to patients admitted to the hospital. The lecture series will consist of not only clinical cases but also quality improvement cases designed to assist physicians and health care providers gain competency and provide high quality health care to patients. It will promote the practice of evidence-based medicine while focusing also on cost effective medicine.
Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Identify and discuss the appropriate antibiotic to treat Hospital Acquired Pneumonia.
- Review the removal of HCAP from HAP/VAP guidelines.
- Discuss risk factors for MDR pathogens. Compare empiric therapy for HAP/VAP.
- Discuss guideline recommendations for pathogen specific treatment.
- Discuss the importance of jugular venous distension to aid in assessment of acute heart failure
- Interpret BNP in the setting of acute congestive heart failure
- Review treatment options based on clinical presentation
- Discuss the new pharmacological treatments available for the management of heart failure
- Identify the FDA approved indications for the direct oral anticoagulants and discuss when the direct oral anticoagulants are not appropriate
- 1.00 AMA
- 1.00 Attendance