218 Plastic Surgery Quality Improvement Conference and M&M (052021)
This monthly quality improvement conferences is held by the department of plastic surgery, where adverse events that occur during the month pertaining to patient care are reviewed. The objectives of the conference are to identify adverse outcomes associated with medical error, to modify behavior and judgment based on previous experiences, and to prevent repetition of errors leading to complications. This conference is non-punitive and focuses on the goal of improved patient care.
Plastic Surgery Physicians and Residents/Fellows
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Outline the current morbidity profile related to each resident's practice. Explain and evaluate the best practice based on current literature.
2. Identify areas of improvement to achieve better hemostasis and catch post operative hematoma faster.
3. Identify areas of improvement to achieve higher success rate of free flap reconstruction.
4. Identify areas of improvement to prevent nipple or skin loss after breast reduction.
5. Identify areas of improvement to prevent deformities after breast augmentation, and keep patients happy
6. Identify areas of improvement to prevent significant morbidity and mortality, contour deformities.
- 1.00 AMA
- 1.00 Attendance