220 Anesthesiology Faculty Boot Camp (091521):-CANCELED
The Faculty Bootcamp is a series of educational sessions held on a monthly basis during the Wednesday morning Grand Rounds slot parallel to the Resident ABA Core Curriculum Lecture/Journal Club. The series is geared toward faculty at all levels, but especially Assistant and Associate Professors, within the Department of Anesthesiology. It is designed to ease the transition into the faculty role, to address the myriad challenges associated with a career in academic medicine, and to facilitate a better faculty experience.
UT faculty, private practitioners, resident physicians, and fellows in Anesthesiology; medical students, resident registered nurse anesthetists, certified RNAs, nurses, and support personnel of (Parkland Hospital and University Hospital) anesthesia departments.
- Describe the process of conducting clinical research, to include formulating a research question, identifying a patient population, devising an intervention, writing a “do-able” protocol, conducting statistical analysis, obtaining regulatory approval, execution of protocol and submission for publication
- Cite the six current scholarly criteria for promotion to Associate Professor on the Clinician-Educator track
- Describe the contents of a strong teaching portfolio
- Create an organized and readable academic CV
- Discuss effective methods used to engage in providing meaningful feedback to students.
- Describe positive coping strategies and identify resources which may improve balance and well-being in professional and personal lives
- 1.00 AMA
- 1.00 Attendance