JGR600-2019 Cooper Clinic Grand Rounds: Clinical Management of Cancer in the Age of Molecular Biomarkers and Immunotherapy' (100819)
The learner should be able to list major modifiable risk factors for common chronic diseases in adults (such as diet, physical activity, chronic inflammation, etc.). The learner should be able to name major non-modifiable risk factors for common chronic diseases (like age, gender, family history, etc.). The learner should be able to formulate a prevention plan to reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases as it applies to individual patients. The learner should be able to translate that prevention plan into understandable and achievable action items for their patients.
This activity is appropriate for physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
1. Identify key questions in obtaining a medical family history
2. Formulate a plan for referring patients for genetic counseling.
3. Assess the risks and benefits of various surgical treatment of knee arthritis
4. Determine when to refer a patient with hearing loss for further evaluation
5. Create screening strategies for patients at risk for cerebral aneurysm
6. Identify the optimal screening program to detect early hearing loss
7. Describe patients with signs or symptoms of pulmonary hypertension
Accreditation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and the Cooper Clinic. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA
- 1.00 Attendance