Virtual ECMO Course (RP2102C)
During this course, ECMO experts will discuss the indications and contraindications for ECMO, patient and ECMO circuit physiology, cannulation techniques, anticoagulation, and other aspects of ECMO patient care and management. This course features brief didactic lectures followed by interactive Q & A sessions with ECMO experts. Also, the course will include video segments designed to provide technical instruction for troubleshooting common complications of ECMO treatment.
This course is designed for physicians and other healthcare professionals new to ECMO to be able to identify and apply the appropriate patient inclusion and exclusion criteria for the use of Extracorporeal Life Support (ECMO).
- Assess ECMO candidacy and patient selection implications.
- Integrate patient physiology considerations to determine the appropriate ECMO circuit configurations.
- Identify complications in the daily management of patients on ECMO.
Virtual ECMO Course: February 11-12, 2021
Thursday, February 11, 2021
8:00-8:15 Welcome and Introduction to ECMO
8:20-9:15 Physiology of ECMO
9:20-10:15 Types of ECMO: VV and VA
10:30-11: 15 Cannulation
11:30 – 11:45 VIDEO-SIM 1
11:45 – 12:30 LUNCH
12:30 – 1:45 Picking the Right Circuit
1:50 – 2:20 Patient Selection
2:20 – 2:35 VIDEO-SIM 2
2:35 – 2:50 Break
2:50 – 3:40 Patient Management
3:40 -- 4:00 VIDEO-SIM 3
Friday, February 12, 2021
Adult Track: Pediatric Track:
8:00-8:45 Cardiac ECMO and E-CPR Cardiac ECMO
8:50-9:15 ARDS in adults CDH
9:20-9:40 Adult Outcomes Pediatric Outcomes
10:50-11:30 COVID and ECMO
11:35-12:00 Weaning off ECMO
12:00-12:15 Course Wrap Up
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 10.50 AMA
- 10.50 Attendance
- "Login" to your existing account or create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link.
- Once logged in, return to this course page, select the "add to cart" button.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will review and verify your payment information.
- After your order is submitted your registration will be completed. A confirmation will be sent by email.