Imaging of Women and Children
The purpose of this program is to review cost-effective, evidence-based radiology options for diagnostic and therapeutic imaging for healthcare providers (physicians, nurse practitioners, PAs, technologists, nurses, etc.). Participation in this online course will help learners have a better understanding of appropriateness and utility for diagnostic imaging for their patients.
Are you up to date with best practices in ordering radiology exams and procedures? Are you meeting your performance metrics for radiology ordering? Need utilization tools to meet MACRA requirements? Our expert panel includes radiologists, legal counsel, and other physician specialists who will share evidence-based best practices for ordering diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures.
Method of Participation
This continuing medical education enduring material is in a video format. References are linked to online resources.
To receive a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ you should:
- View the interactive video and respond to embedded test questions.
- A passing score of 70% is required for each interactive video (You will have 1 retake after your first attempt).
- Complete and submit the CME evaluation form.
- The estimated time to complete this activity, including a review of the materials, is 0.5 hours.
Hardware/software requirements: Activities will run on desktop or mobile device using the most recent version of common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Safari, or Google Chrome.
If you have questions about the participation process, please e-mail the UT Southwestern Medical Center, email@example.com or phone 214-648-2166.
Primary Care Physicians, Specialists, PAs and NPs, Technologists
- Determine appropriate radiology exam to perform to in pediatric patients (CT, Ultrasound, MRI, and fluoroscopy).
- Determine the need for a follow up Ultrasound of an ovarian cyst versus MR versus no follow up.
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical Education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA
- 0.50 Attendance
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link or "login" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the "add to cart" button.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, you may proceed to the course by selecting the "Take course" button.
No refunds will be made.
Activities will run on desktop or mobile device using the most recent version of common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Safari, or Google Chrome.