Update in Internal Medicine (RP1505B)
The Update in Internal Medicine is a program emphasizing topics requested by our referring physicians, controversies arising from journal clubs, and posed by our trainees. The program highlights diagnostic and therapeutic solutions based on the most recent clinical science. The goal of the program is to provide state-of-the-art practical advice on issues identified as frequent items for consultation and second opinions, as well as new advances in applying molecular techniques in translational medicine.
Primary care providers, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and specialists in Internal Medicine and Family Practice seeking updates in practical knowledge relating to patient care
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to link the educational objectives to Core Competencies (Medical Knowledge) and:
- Integrate new guidelines on hypertension into clinical practice
- Utilize noninvasive screening for colorectal cancer in appropriate patients
- Identify patients who should be on neprilysin inhibitors for CHF
- Discuss therapy for CTO coronary disease with their patients
- Implement vaccination for HPV in appropriate patient groups
Jonathan C. Weissler, MD
Chief of Medicine, UT Southwestern University Hospitals
Professor and Vice Chairman, Department of Internal Medicine
Accreditation and Designation Statements
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
- 18.00 AMA
- 18.00 Attendance