17th Annual Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Scientific Day (RP1505C)
This program is designed to highlight scientific advances in the field of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury/Post-Concussive Syndrome (MTBI/PCS) in the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. This program also will showcase the research performed by residents and fellows in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Physiatrists, Neurologists, Family Practice Physicians, Internists, Exercise Physiologists, Occupational Therapists, Kinesiotherapists, Physical Therapists, and healthcare professionals interested in the treatment of mild traumatic brain injury and physical rehabilitation.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to link the educational objectives to the
Core Competencies (Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning, and Professionalism)
- List the challenges in acute and post acute TBI trials
- Describe the pathophysiology, clinical consequences and management concerns of concussions sustained in sports
- Discuss the controversies and data surrounding long term sequel and concussion
- Recognize the spectrum of symptoms and co-morbid disorders in service members sustaining MTBI in combat
- Apply principles of problem-solving treatment as described in the CONTACT study to the treatment of MTBI and associated symptoms
Benjamin N. Nguyen, M.D.
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Thiru Annaswamy, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Staff Physician, VA Medical Center
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 6.50 AMA
- 6.50 Attendance
- 1.00 Ethics