Substance Use Disorder Treatment (RP1605E)
Join fellow providers for a half-day workshop to increase your ability to understand, identify & treat substance use disorders in a general treatment setting.
This course is designed for psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, LPCs, social workers, residents, fellows, students, and other healthcare professionals (physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants) interested in learning about the ethical issues associated with recommending alternative psychotherapies.
Upon completion of this symposium, the participants should be able to link the educational objectives to Core Competencies (Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning, Communication, Professionalism, System Based Practice, Inter-Disciplinary Teams and Quality Improvement) and be able to:
- Describe current pharmacological and behavioral treatment methods for substance use disorders.
- Recognize options for pain management for patients with a substance use disorder history.
- Recognize impact of modern marijuana use.
- Describe impact of translational neuroimaging research on the treatment of addiction.
Accreditation and Designation Statements
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UT Southwestern University Hospitals is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity provides 4.0 contact hours
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
- 4.00 AMA
- 4.00 Attendance