Southwestern Academy of Teachers Symposium (RP1604M): 'TeamSTEPPS Implementation Workshop' - 4/8/16
The 6th Annual SWAT symposium continues with a dynamic 3-hour interactive session on the fundamentals of decision analysis, how to debrief with good judgment and utilize the "inquiry with advocacy" methodology to lead learners toward self-awareness of how they make decisions. Likewise, health care workers (including physicians) will learn who to communicate medical informatioin as well as improving overall communications skills with patients, their families, colleagues, and the public.
Physicians, Faculty and Staff
- Effectively communicate scientific principles to the public.
- Utilize effective communication strategies to address different types of audiences
- Utilize effective communication strategies to communicate with patients and families
- Define key principles of team structure, communication, leadership, situation monitoring, and mutual support
- Recognize and understand common barriers to optimal team performance
Beth Brickner, MD
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.75 AMA
- 2.75 Attendance