JGR621-2023 Coffee, Kids, and Sports Medicine: 'The "Backbreaking" Truth: Navigating Back Pain in Adolescents' (071823)
Purpose and Content
Join us to learn about common spine injuries, considerations, and a novel approach to evaluating and managing adolescents with back pain.
Method of Participation
This continuing medical education enduring material is in a video format.
To receive a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ you should:
- View the video in this enduring material.
- Complete the posttest (A passing score of 80% is required).
- Complete and submit the CME evaluation form.
The estimated time to complete this activity, including review of the materials, is 1.0 hour.
Hardware/software requirements: Activities should be run with recent versions of common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
If you have questions about the participation process, please e-mail the UT Southwestern Medical Center, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, athletic trainers and other health care professionals who care for sport-related conditions and injuries should attend to improve their ability to counsel patients and families as well as prevent and care for these conditions.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the common spine and back problems that affect adolescents
- Discuss how to effectively evaluate an adolescent with back pain
- Describe appropriate timing and causes for additional work-up or referral for specialist evaluation for adolescent back pain.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA
- 1.00 Attendance
- "Login" to your existing account or create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link.
- Return to this course page and select the "Take Course" button.
- Registration will be completed.
Activities will run on desktop or mobile device using the most recent version of common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.