JGR621-2021 Coffee, Kids, and Orthopedics: 'Pediatric Foot Exam' & 'Kids and Insoles' (121421)
Method of Participation
This continuing medical education enduring material is in a video format.
To receive a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ you should:
- View the video in this enduring material.
- Complete the posttest (A passing score of 80% is required).
- Complete and submit the CME evaluation form.
The estimated time to complete this activity, including review of the materials, is 1.0 hour.
Hardware/software requirements: Activities should be run with recent versions of common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
If you have questions about the participation process, please e-mail the UT Southwestern Medical Center, email@example.com.
Physicians, advanced practice professionals, nurses and other healthcare professionals who treat or counsel patients with sports related musculoskeletal injuries and complications should attend.
- Discuss the steps of a pediatric foot physical exam .
- Describe three reasons for referral to a pediatric and adolescent foot specialist.
- Describe the normal progression of foot posture in early childhood.
- Recognize key differences in off-the-shelf and custom foot orthoses.
- Provide guidance to pediatric patients for off-the-shelf foot orthoses.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA
- 1.00 Attendance
- "Login" to your existing account or create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link.
- Return to this course page and select the "Take Course" button.
- Registration will be completed.
Activities will run on desktop or mobile device using the most recent version of common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.