In-Situ Simulation (051319)
The UTSW High Reliability Team is offering in-situ simulation in both Clements and Zale hospital units. Through simulation of an emergent and critical patient event and subsequent debriefing, staff and faculty are able to practice their teamwork and communication skills. This safe environment utilizes a high fidelity manikin that simulates patient decompensation. Through debriefing, participants discuss what went well and what could have been done better in regards to teamwork and communication. They are given tools from the TeamSTEPPS program to increase these skills, participants then repeat the simulation to put those tools into effect, after a final debriefing, the event ends.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Advanced Practice Nurses in clinical units at Clements and Zale Hospitals.
- Describe the benefits of inter-disciplinary communication in enhancing paritent care and safefy outcomes.
- Apply SBAR model (Situation, Background, Assessment. and Recommendation) and Check-back-closed loop communication as problem solving tools for clinical teams.
- Apply new methods to address concerns and share ideas using common language that is mutually understood by all team members.
- Describe the different types of team leaders.
- Identify skills and strategies for team leaders to effectively coordinate resources within a team.
- Identify strategies for managing team conflict (TeamSTEPPS® tools).
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical Education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA
- 2.00 Attendance
Attendance and registration information will be provided during the course.
For more information about this course, please contact email@example.com