Jake Turrentine, MD
Undergraduate University of Georgia
Athens, GA (08/2003-05/2007)
Graduate Medical College of Georgia
Augusta, GA (08/2007-05/2011), M.D.
Post-Doctoral Training Internship in Preliminary Internal Medicine
Baylor University Medical Center
Dallas, TX (07/2011-06/2012)
Residency Dermatology Residency
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Dallas, TX (07/2012-06/2015)
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Dallas, TX (07/2014-07/2015)
Diplomat American Board of Dermatology (2015)
Medical Licensure Florida #ME121327; Expiration date 1-31-2017; voluntarily relinquished 11-21-2016
Georgia #072838; Expiration date 8-31-2020 (lapsed)
North Carolina #2016-02183; Certificate #220585; Expiration date 8-17-2022
South Carolina #37485; Expiration date 6-30-2023
Texas #P8091; Expiration date 11-30-2017; voluntarily relinquished 2-15-2017
Hickory Dermatology / Skin Surgery Center
Hickory, North Carolina (06/2017 – Present)
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University
Augusta, Georgia (07/2015 – 06/2017)
Consultant/Attending Physician, Dermatology Clinics
Veterans Administration Medical Center
Augusta, Georgia (07/2015 – 06/2017)
Deputy Editor of Dermatitis (03/2021 to present)
Self-Assessment Section Editor of Dermatitis (01/2016 to 03/2021)
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
UT Southwestern Dermatology Award for Humanism & Professionalism (Peer Selected) 2015
UT Southwestern Dermatology Award for Cognitive Excellence 2015
UT Southwestern Dermatology Award for Leadership 2015
UT Southwestern Dermatology “Star Clinician” Award 2015
Residents of Distinction Award, 2nd Place at Hawaii Winter Clinical Dermatology Conference 2015
UT Southwestern Dermatology Award for Cognitive Excellence 2014
UT Southwestern Dermatology Award for Leadership 2014
Contact Allergen Bee, Honorable Mention, American Contact Dermatitis Society 2014
Fisher Resident Competition Bronze Medal, American Contact Dermatitis Society 2014
UT Southwestern Dermatology Award for Cognitive Excellence 2013
Albert M. Kligman Travel Fellowship Award to IID/SID Annual Meeting 2013
Recipient of Travel Fellowship Award for IID Trainee Retreat for Future Academicians 2013
Alpha Omega Alpha 2010
Best Performance (Block 1) – Internal Medicine Clerkship 2009
American Society of Clinical Pathology Award for Academic Excellence & Achievement 2009
MCG Alumni Association Scholarship 2008, 2010
Gilbert Maxwell Endowment Scholarship (Medical College of Georgia) 2007
Inducted into Blue Key Honor Society 2007
University of Georgia “Amazing Student” Nominee 2006
University of Georgia Homecoming Court 2006
Inducted into Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society 2005
Phi Beta Kappa Scholar Award (annually awarded to one Phi Beta Kappa inductee) 2005
National Alpha Tau Omega Scholarship 2005
Selected to Dean William Tate Honor Society 2004
University of Georgia Foundation Fellowship Recipient 2003
Morehead Scholarship Nominee 2003
Jefferson Scholarship Nominee 2003
Eagle Scout with Silver Palm 2000
Skin Surgery Center:
NC Joint Operations Committee of QDP-SCC (9/2020 to present)
Clinical Content Committee (7/2017-present)
Ethics and Compliance Committee (9/2017-present)
Allergic Contact Dermatitis Society:
Investment Committee (3/2017-2019)
Laser Committee (07/2015-6/2017)
Governance and Communications Committee (09/2016-6/2017)
SCIENTIFIC AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
American Contact Dermatitis Society 2016-present
American Academy of Dermatology 2012-present
Georgia Dermatological Society 2016-2017
Dermatology Teachers Exchange Group 2015-2017
Association of Professors in Dermatology 2015-2017
American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) 2013-2014
Texas Dermatological Society 2013-2015
Society for Investigative Dermatology 2012-2017
PRESENTATIONS AT NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND STATE MEETINGS:
- Turrentine JE. American Board of Dermatology Maintenance of Certification Self-Assessment Session. Presented, Southeastern Consortium for Dermatology. Augusta, GA. November 4, 2017.
- Turrentine JE. Contact Dermatitis of Mucosal Sites. Presented, Southeastern Consortium for Dermatology. Augusta, GA. November 3, 2017.
- Turrentine JE. Dermatology Rounds. Presented, 52nd Annual Primary Care and Family Medicine Symposium, Augusta, GA. April 27, 2017.
- Weathers E, Waller JL, Colombo R, Kheda MF, Nahman Jr NS, Turrentine JE, Baer S: Incidence and risk factors associated with syphilis in the end-stage renal disease population. Presented, Southern AFMR 2017. J Investig Med, 65:644, 2017.
- Ahn JH, Waller JL, Baer S, Colombo R, Kheda MF, Nahman Jr NS, Turrentine JE: Mortality risk after herpes zoster infection in end stage renal disease patients. Presented, Southern AFMR 2017. J Investig Med, 65:595, 2017.
- Leitheiser S, Waller JL, Turrentine J, Kheda MF, Baer S, Nahman Jr NS, Colombo R: Risk factors associated with invasive fungal infections in kidney transplant patients. Presented, Southern AFMR 2017. J Investig Med, 65:656, 2017.
- Turrentine JE. Contact Dermatitis to Preservatives. Presented at University of Texas Southwestern Department of Dermatology, Grand Rounds. January 5, 2017.
- Turrentine JE. Lupus and the Skin. Invited presentation at the 10th Annual Georgia Lupus Empowerment Summitt, Lupus Foundation of America, Georgia Chapter. Atlanta, GA. October 15, 2016.
- Turrentine JE. Preservatives. Webinar for Dermatitis Academy. https://www.dermatitisacademy.com/webinars/. Presented and recorded on October 3, 2016.
- Turrentine JE. Updates in Photoimmunology: Basic Science and Clinical Applications. University of Florida Department of Dermatology, Grand Rounds. April 15, 2016.
- Turrentine JE and Cruz PD Jr. Every Preservative is an Allergen in the Making. Oral presentation at the American Academy of Dermatology 2014 Annual Meeting, Advanced Contact Dermatitis Course, March 24 2014.
- Turrentine JE, Marrazzo G, and Cruz PD Jr. Novel Use of Patch Testing in the First Report of Allergic Contact Dermatitis to Cyclobenzaprine. Podium Presentation and Winner of Fisher Award, Bronze Metal, at the American Contact Dermatitis Society Annual Meeting, March 20, 2014.
- Turrentine JE. Pancreatic Panniculitis. Case Presentation at the Zola Cooper Conference, November 9, 2013, New Orleans, LA.
- Turrentine JE. Porokeratosis Ptychotropica. Case Presentation at the Zola Cooper Conference, November 9, 2013, New Orleans, LA.
- Turrentine JE, Marrazzo G, and Cruz PD Jr. Novel Use of Patch Testing in the First Report of Allergic Contact Dermatitis to Cyclobenzaprine. Podium Presentation (3rd place in Resident Competition) at the Texas Dermatological Society Meeting, October 2013, Galveston, TX.
LOCAL OR INSTITUTIONAL (AU) PRESENTATIONS
- Turrentine JE. Dermatologic Manifestations of Systemic Disease. Mini Med School. Augusta, GA. October 25, 2016.
- Turrentine JE. Dermatologic Manifestations of Systemic Disease. Primary Care and Family Medicine Symposium. Augusta, GA. April 19, 2016.
- Turrentine JE. Skin Signs of Lupus. Seventh Annual Lupus Symposium. Augusta, GA. March 19, 2016.
- Turrentine JE. Sunscreens. Mini Med School. Augusta, GA. November 3, 2015.
- Leitheiser S, Harner A, Waller JL, Turrentine J, Baer S, Kheda M, Nahman NS Jr, Colombo RE. Risk Factors Associated With Invasive Fungal Infections in Kidney Transplant Patients. Am J Med Sci. 2020 Feb;359(2):108-116. PMID: 31836132 doi: 10.1016/j.amjms.2019.10.008. Epub 2019 Oct 24
- Detweiler CJ, Turrentine JE, Shedd AD, Ioffe B, Detweiler JG. Acantholytic anaplastic extramammary paget disease. Cutis. 2019 Sep;104(3):E26-E29. PMID: 31675408.
- Ahn JH, Waller JL, Baer SL, Colombo RE, Kheda MF, Nahman NS Jr, Turrentine JE. Mortality risk after herpes zoster infection in end-stage renal disease patients. Clin Kidney J. 2019 Feb;12(1):101-105. doi: 10.1093/ckj/sfy058. Epub 2018 Jul 17. PMID: 30746135.
- Hashmi O, Waller JL, Turrentine JE. Assessment of melanoma follow-up trends in Medicare patients: a large scale, multi-regional analysis. Dermatol Online J. 2018 Aug 15;24(8):13030/qt7r93h21j. PMID: 30677846.
- Snyder M, Turrentine JE, Cruz PD Jr. Photocontact Dermatitis and Its Clinical Mimics: an Overview for the Allergist. Clin Rev Allergy Immunol. 2019 Feb;56(1):32-40. PMID: 29951786 doi: 10.1007/s12016-018-8696-x.
- Greyling LA, Lee SE, Turrentine JE. Diffuse nonscarring alopecia. Cutis. 2018 Oct;102(4):E4-E5. PMID: 30489563
- Cleary LC, Suraj S, Haburchak D, Turrentine JE. The armadillo factor: lepromatous leprosy. Am J Med. 2017 Oct;130(10):1163-1166. PMID: 28623172. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2017.06.001
- Coffin SL, Turrentine JE, Cruz PD Jr. Photodermatitis for the allergist. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2017 Jun;17(6):36. PMID 28477263. doi: 10.1007/s11882-017-0705-2.
- Harker DB, Turrentine JE, Desai SR. Vulvar asymmetry due to silicone migration and granulomatous immune response following injection for buttock augmentation. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2017;Apr;10(4):50-54. PMID: 28458775.
- Cline AE and Turrentine JE. Compounded topical analgesics for chronic pain. Dermatitis. Sept-Oct 2016;27(5):263-71. PMID: 27649348. Doi: 10.1097/DER.0000000000000216.
- Cline A and Turrentine JE. Biomedical and market issues surrounding the advent of biosimilars. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). Sep 2016;6(3):341-5. PMID: 27329376. Doi: 10.1007/s13555-016-0127-4.
- Grunnet K and Turrentine JE. Patch testing in the diagnosis of medication allergy. Curr Treat Options Allergy. 2016;3:310-321. Doi: 10.1007/s40521-016-0088-y.
- Turrentine JE, Gordon KA, and Agim NG. Blaschkoid skin lesions in a young girl. JAMA Dermatol. June 2016;152(6):713-4. PMID: 26963772. Doi: 10.1001/jamadermaol.2016.0061.
- Turrentine JE, Marrazzo G, and Cruz PD Jr. Novel use of patch testing in the first report of allergic contact dermatitis to cyclobenzaprine. Dermatitis. Jan-Feb 2015;26(1):60-1. PMID: 25581672. Doi: 10.1097/DER.0000000000000099.
- Turrentine JE, Sokumbi O, and Agim N. Vesicles and Erosions in a Newborn (Neonatal Pemphigus Vulgaris). JAMA Dermatology, November 2014. PMID: 25207826
- Gou DE, Turrentine JE, and Motaparthi K. Tender Leg Nodules in a Hospitalized Patient (Pancreatic Panniculitis). JAMA Dermatology, October 2014. PMID: 25353323.
- Sirignano S, Blake P, Turrentine JE, and Dominguez A. Primary cutaneous zygomycosis secondary to minor trauma in an immunocompromised pediatric patient: a case report. Dermatology Online Journal. Published 2014 Jun 15;20(6). PMID: 24945642.
- Turrentine JE, Chung J-S, Nezafati K, Tamura K, Harker-Murray A, Huth J, Sharma RR, Harker DB, Ariizumi K, and Cruz PD Jr. DC-HIL+ CD14+ HLA-DRno/low Cells Are a Potential Blood Marker and Therapeutic Target for Melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. Letter to the Editor. Published 2014 Jun 16 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 24933321.
- Klimas NK, Turrentine JE, and Cayce RL. Counterphobia and poor sun protection practices in first degree relatives of melanoma patients. Cutis. 2014 March;93(3):120-122. PMID: 24738091
- Lopez IE, Turrentine JE, and Cruz PD Jr. Clues to diagnosis of connubial contact dermatitis to paraphenylenediamine. Dermatitis. 2014 Jan-Feb;25(1):32-3. PMID: 24407061.
- Turrentine JE, Dharamsi JW, Miedler JD, and Pandya AG. Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP) caused by telavancin. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Sep;65(3):e100-1. PMID: 21839299.
- Turrentine JE, Brown AJ, and Davis LS. Leg swelling, erythema and bullae in a 6-year-old female with chronic lymphatic insufficiency. Pediatric Dermatology. 2011 Mar-Apr;28(2):189-90. PMID: 21504449.
- Turrentine JE, Lyke AC, and Thiers BH. Enlarging chest mass on a 26-year-old man. J Amer Acad Dermatol. 2012 Jan;66(1):e1-2. PMID: 22177645 (PMC – in process)
- Turrentine JE, Blalock TW, and Davis LS. Unusually Severe Case of Dermatosis Neglecta. SKINmed: Dermatology for the Clinician. Skinmed. 2012 Jan-Feb;10(1):46-7. PMID: 22324178.
- Turrentine, JE. Characterization of an immunodominant trans-sialidase specific CD8+ T cell response in Trypanosoma cruzi infected mice. Undergraduate Honors Biology Thesis. University of Georgia Honors Program, 2007.
Abstracts / Posters:
- Turrentine JE, Wyatt TR, Braun K. Full Body Skin Examination among Dermatologists: A Pilot Study to Understand Practice Patterns and Barriers. Presented, Southern AFMR, February 11, 2017, New Orleans, LA.
- Ishii L, Hess JN, and Turrentine JE. One thing leads to another: Mycobacterium haemophilum skin infection work-up leads to early diagnosis of lung cancer. Poster presentation. Southeastern Consortium Dermatology Meeting. Richmond, VA. October 2016.
- Cuello KA, Belcher M, Turrentine JE, and Regmi A. Continuous Hemodialysis with plasmapheresis and sodium thiosulphate, a successful treatment in calciphylaxis. Poster presentation. New Orleans, LA. February 18, 2016.
Books / Book Chapters / Book Reviews:
1. Egge N, Turrentine JE and Cruz PD Jr. Allergic and Irritant Dermatitis. Chapter in Therapeutics: A Clinician’s Guide to Dermatologic Treatment. Currently under editorial review.
2. Turrentine JE and Cruz PD Jr. Photoimmunology. Chapter 10 in Clinical and Basic Immunodermatology, 2nd edition. Anthony A. Gaspari, Stephen K. Tyring and Daniel H. Kaplan, (Eds.). 2017, Springer. ISBN 978-3-319-29785-9.
3. Turrentine JE, Sheehan MP, and Cruz PD Jr. Allergic Contact Dermatitis. Chapter 24 in Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine, 9th edition. 2019. ISBN 978-0-07-183779-8
Attribution:SelfType of financial relationship:Independent contractorIneligible company:Sun PharmaTopic:IlumyaDate added:04/25/2022Mitigation strategy:Peer reviewRelationship end date:04/01/2023Date reviewed:05/16/2022