EMS State of the Science: A Gathering of Eagles XVII (RP1502A)
The purpose of this highly popular conference is to share with participants and faculty alike, the most cutting-edge information and advances in EMS patient care, research and management issues as well as trending challenges and lessons learned while also introducing novel patient care, strategies and techniques. This unique National EMS conference is famous for having developed the 10 minute bullet plenary presentation, lightning rounds and other innovative educational advances which have not only provided the attendees with 40 or so plenary presentations in over 2 days but, according to conference evaluations, change nationwide medical practices almost overnight. Comprised of the jurisdictional EMS Medical directors from the nation’s largest municipalities and their counterparts in pivotal federal agencies, the very cohesive cadre of faculty is responsible for the care for nearly 100 million citizens. Accordingly, they have become extraordinarily influential in shaping future EMS practice trends, medical aspects for disasters and homeland security and day-to-day 9-1-1 response worldwide.
This course is designed for Paramedics, EMT's, First Responders, EMS System Directors, Fire Chiefs, Managers, Medical Directors and Educators, as well as Emergency Nurses, Researchers, Physicians and policy makers interested in EMS, Trauma & Resuscitation, and Related State-of-the-Art Investigations & Care Delivery across the United States.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to link the educational objectives to Core Competencies (Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning, Communication, Professionalism, System Based Practice, Interdisciplinary Teams, Quality Improvement, and Informatics) and be able to:
- List various methodologies to improve care of the patient.
- Articulate developments in pre-hospital patient care.
- Explain the regulatory environment for EMS providers.
- Recite a list of practices of advances in resuscitation research.
- Discuss innovation in EMS response and transport.
A block of rooms is being held at:
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
400 North Olive Street
Dallas, Texas 75201
We have secured a group rate of $99 + tax. To assure your reservation, please call the Central Reservations Office, at 1-888-627-8191 and identify yourself as a participant in the “Gathering of Eagles” to be eligible for the group rate. Reservations may also be made online at
(OR copy and paste the link into your web browser)
Reservations received after January 19, 2015 are subject to space and group rate availability
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Create an account by selecting the "register" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
- 16.25 AMA
- 16.25 Attendance