Radiology Imaging: The Right Scan, From Head to Toe (RP1502G)
Are you up to date with advances in diagnostic imaging and therapies that are available to your patients? Do you know when to order a high resolution or multiphase CT scan? Experts will discuss the most appropriate imaging technologies available to diagnose and treat common illnesses. Our expert panels will answer those “always wanted to know...” questions, which sometimes lead to overuse of medical imaging and can be costly for patients. A special breakout topic will address appropriate management of back pain avoiding unnecessary imaging.
This symposium is designed for physicians, mid-levels, fellows, residents, nurses, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, physician assistants and faculty physicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Decrease overutilization of imaging exams as compared to national benchmarks
- Improve ordering practices for imaging based on appropriate tips
- Improve appropriate ordering of radiology exams
- Increase knowledge and appropriate use of new innovations in radiologic diagnostic imaging and therapeutic procedures
- Improve scores on post-test questions on ordering radiology exams completed following the event
Cecelia Brewington, M.D.
Professor, Department of Radiology
Divisional Chief, General Diagnostic Imaging
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "register" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
- 6.50 AMA
- 6.50 Attendance