Psychiatry Update Series: What’s in your Mental Health Toolkit? Improving your Primary Care Practice (RP1503D)
This course will increase participants’ knowledge of screening and management of mental health concerns in a general medical setting.
This course is designed for physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, residents, fellows, students, and other professionals who work in primary care settings or who routinely screen and manage mental health care concerns (e.g., oncology, pain management, palliative care). Other mental health providers such as psychiatrists, psychologists, LPCs, and licensed social workers are also invited to attend.
Upon completion of this symposium, the participants should be able to link the educational objectives to Core Competencies (Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning, System-Based Practice, Inter-Disciplinary Teams and Quality Improvement) and be able to:
- Increase knowledge of screening and treatment of depression, anxiety, and insomnia in primary care settings.
- Recognize and integrate treatment recommendations regarding ongoing management of common side effects
- Improve ability to recognize and triage mental health concerns
Adam Brenner, MD
Associate Professor & Distinguished Teaching Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
Director of Residency Training & Vice Chair for Education in the Department of Psychiatry
Laura Howe-Martin, PhD
Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
Associate Director of Continuing
Education in the Department of Psychiatry
Madhukar Trivedi, MD
Professor and Chief of the Division of Mood Disorders at UT Southwestern Medical Center
Holds the Betty Jo Hay Distinguished Chair in Mental Health.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Create an account by selecting the "register" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
- 6.50 AMA
- 6.50 Attendance