EMS State of the Science: A Gathering of Eagles XVIII (RP1602A)
The purpose of this highly popular conference is to introduce new patient care strategies and techniques in cardiac care, stroke managements, prehospital trauma care and pediatric care. Share with attendees and faculty cutting edge information and advances in EMS research, management issues and patient care. Prepare participants for disaster situations by having those who have experienced actual disaster challenges share with the audience what worked for them in a those stressful situations. Exchange protocol ideas between services in other states and counties. Discuss fiscal and/or administrative issues affecting the cost and operations of EMS systems and learn what works with different sized or configured systems.
This course is designed for Paramedics, EMT's, First Responders, EMS System Directors, Fire Chiefs, Managers, Medical Directors and Educators, as well as Emergency Nurses, Researchers, Physicians and policy makers interested in EMS, Trauma & Resuscitation, and Related State-of-the-Art Investigations & Care Delivery across the United States.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to link the educational objectives to Core Competencies (Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning, Communication, Professionalism, System Based Practice, Interdisciplinary Teams, Quality Improvement, and Informatics) and be able to:
- List various methodologies to improve care of patients in EMS systems.
- Better articulate developments in pre-hospital patient care.
- Explain the regulatory environment for EMS providers.
- Recite a list of practices of advances in resuscitation research.
- Discuss innovation in EMS response and transport.
A block of rooms is being held at:
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
400 North Olive Street
Dallas, Texas 75201
We have secured a group rate of $135 + tax. To assure your reservation, please call the Central Reservations Office, at 1-888-627-8191 and identify yourself as a participant in the “Gathering of Eagles” to be eligible for the group rate. Reservations may also be made online at
(OR copy and paste the link into your web browser)
Reservations received after January 15, 2016 are subject to space and group rate availability
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Create an account by selecting the "register" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
Physicians, Medical Directors: Before Dec 1st- $350 After Dec 1st- $395
EMT, Paramedics, EMS, Nurses, Healthcare Professionals: Before Dec 1st- $225 After Dec 1st- $275
Industry Representatives: Before Dec 1st- $225 After Dec 1st- $275
- 16.25 AMA
- 16.25 Attendance