4th International Tracheostomy Symposium - GTC 2018 (RP1802A)
Click on the 'Register' tab for special pricing details!
This activity is designed to educate and enlighten those involved in the care of patients with tracheostomies with a focus on quality improvement, and patient safety. Participants are expected to develop an understanding of the landscape of quality and patient safety efforts ongoing on an international stage with a focus on multidisciplinary efforts. The format will focus on active discussions leveraging the knowledge of participants as well as the feature speakers and content experts. Didactic sessions will be de-emphasized to encourage more active discussions and learning experiences. The conference will include: (1.) a Global Tracheostomy Collaborative introduction and a discussion around tracheostomy care internationally, (2.) a Patient and Family Session and a concurrent session covering practical approaches to implementing tracheostomy quality improvement efforts, (3.) a scientific session will showcase scholarly work around tracheostomy and patient safety and finally, (4.) interactive discussions around excellence in tracheostomy care.
Click here to view the full brochure
This activity is intended for physicians and allied healthcare professionals (nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, respiratory therapists, speech language pathologists) from anesthesia and critical care medicine, emergency medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, pulmonology, interventional pulmonology, and surgical specialties including otolaryngology, general surgery, pediatric surgery, and trauma surgery. This activity is also intended to include patients with tracheostomies or laryngectomies and their family members and caregivers.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to link the educational objectives to Core Competencies (Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning, Communication, Professionalism, System Based Practice, Interdisciplinary Teams, Quality Improvement, and Informatics) and be able to:
- Identify the elements crucial to high quality tracheostomy care.
- Discuss strategies shown to improve the quality and safety of tracheostomy care in other institutions.
- Explain the benefits of a multidisciplinary approach to tracheostomy care.
- Discuss elements to being an effective agent of change in advocating for improvements at an institutional level.
- Describe effective methods to disseminating information and engaging patients, families and staff in education around tracheostomy care.
- Discuss the advantages of standardizing tracheostomy care and implementing tracheostomy care protocols and guidelines.
- Identify metrics used to benchmark tracheostomy care internationally.
- Describe strategies that have been utilized to improve metrics such as patient satisfaction, length of stay, readmission rates, and adverse events.
- Identify opportunities for improvement at his/her institution related to tracheostomy care.
- Describe the benefits of participating in a global multidisciplinary effort to improve patient care.
A block of rooms is being held at:
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
2222 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75207
Phone: (214) 631-2222
We have secured a group rate of $129 + tax. To assure your reservation, please call the Central Reservations Office, at (800) 468-3571 or direct (214) 631-2222 and identify yourself as a participant in the “UTSW-International Tracheostomy Symposium” to be eligible for the group rate. Reservations may also be made online at
**Please note: This rate is only guaranteed until room block is full. Reservations received after January 12, 2018 are subject to space and group rate availability.
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of hte Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of UT Southwestern Medical Center, the Global Tracheostomy Collaborative and Children's Health. UT Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical educaiton for physicians.
UT Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Credit Designations
- 13.75 AMA
- 13.75 Attendance
Please note that online registration for this course has been closed. Onsite registration will be available.
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart"
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
|Registration Type||Early Bird by 12/21/17||Post-12/21/17|
|Advanced Practice Providers and Fellows||$325||$350|
|Nurses, Speech Language Pathologists, Respiratory Therapists, Residents||$300||$325|
|Advanced Practice Providers, Fellows, Nurses, Speech Language Pathologists, Respiratory Therapists, Residents||$175/day||$200/day|
Patients and/or Families (For up to 2 people, $25 for each additional)
|Wine and Cheese Friday Night Reception Ticket||$50||$50|
Due to low response, Live Streaming Options are no longer available.
A $25 handling fee will be deducted from cancellation refunds. Refund requests must be received by email prior to January 26, 2018.
No refunds will be made thereafter.