EMS State of the Science: A Gathering of Eagles XX (RP1803A-X)
The purpose of this highly popular conference is to introduce new patient care strategies and techniques in cardiac care, stroke management, prehospital trauma care and pediatric care. Share with attendees and faculty cutting edge information and advances in EMS research, management issues and patient care. Prepare participants for disaster situations by having those who have experienced actual disaster challenges share with the audience what worked for them in a those stressful situations. Exchange protocol ideas between services in other states and counties. Discuss fiscal and/or administrative issues affecting the cost and operations of EMS systems and learn what works with different sized or configured systems.
This course is designed for Paramedics, EMT's, First Responders, EMS System Directors, Fire Chiefs, Managers, Medical Directors and Educators, as well as Emergency Nurses, Researchers, Physicians and policy makers interested in EMS, Trauma & Resuscitation, and Related State-of-the-Art Investigations & Care Delivery across the United States.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to link the educational objectives to Core Competencies (Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning, Communication, Professionalism, System Based Practice, Interdisciplinary Teams, Quality Improvement, and Informatics) and be able to:
- Better articulate new methods to improve outcomes in pre-hospital care systems and the procedures used to achieve these goals.
- List new technologies to improve care of patients in EMS systems.
- Detail some of the factors leading to the evolving regulatory and administrative environment for EMS providers.
- Recite a list of practices of advances in trauma and cardiac arrest resuscitation research and how to accomplish them.
- Discuss fluently new approaches to Mobile Integrated Heath and destination policies for stroke, cardiac cases, and mental health patients.
A block of rooms is being held at:
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
400 North Olive Street
Dallas, TX 75201
We have secured a room block at a group rate of $140 + tax. To assure your reservation, please call the Central Reservations Office, at 1-888-627-8191 and identify yourself as a participant in the “GATHERING OF THE EAGLES - UT SOUTHWESTERN 2018” to be eligible for the group rate.
**Please note: This rate is only guaranteed until cutoff date or room block is full. Cutoff date for contracted room block rate is January 26, 2018. Be sure to make your reservations early, as room block is limited and subject to availability. Due to other events in the DFW area, we have not secured a room block at any other hotel.
- 16.00 AMA
- 16.00 Attendance
REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ONSITE - Sheraton Dallas Hotel (Dallas Grand Hall - 1st Floor Conference Center)
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link at the bottom of the page or "log-in" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click on "add to cart" at the bottom of the page.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.