Dallas Advanced Heart Failure Symposium: Contemporary Management of Cardiogenic Shock (RP1807D)
The activities include traditional lectures focusing on the salient features of a case-based clinical question that will also incorporate interactive short-question-answer sessions. As a result of these, the learner should have a better understanding of the current state of evidence for the management and clinical evaluation of patients in cardiogenic shock. This includes exploring the clinical utility of state-of-the art temporary and durable mechanical circulatory support devices, the management of cardiogenic shock following myocardial infarction, the expert management of incessant ventricular tachycardia, and to better understand the interprofessional role of the "shock team" in the management of cardiogenic
Physicians and/or PhD - $40
Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners - $35
Nurses - $30 (Please note that CNE credit is not being awarded at this activity)
Other Healthcare Professionals - $25
Residents/Medical Students - Complimentary (but registration required)
UT Southwestern Faculty or Staff?
Use coupon code 'UTSW10' for 10% discount at checkout!
This course is designed for Physicians, Advanced Practitioners, Nurses, Scientists/Researchers and other Healthcare professionals interested in the latest information surrounding the management and clinical evaluation of patients in cardiogenic shock.
(1) Identify cardiogenic shock from patient-based clinical characteristics, formulate an urgent and comprehensive diagnostic assessment, and implement appropriate coronary reperfusion strategies.
(2) Analyze the cardiac hemodynamic manifestations of the various temporary circulatory support devices.
(3) Describe the clinical indications for mechanical support devices, evaluate the appropriate types of long-term mechanical support devices, and explain the advances in state-of-the-art mechanical support devices.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.25 AMA
- 4.25 Attendance
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link or "login" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click the "add to cart" button.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.