Advances in the Management of Chronic Rhinosinusitis and the Unified Airway (RP2001B)
DUE TO EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS COURSE HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED.
THE TENTATIVE RESCHEDULE DATE IS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2020.
MORE DETAILS TO COME. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
This one day CME event, targeted at practicing Allergist/Immunologists will highlight the various endotypes of chronic rhinosinusitis, review diagnostic strategies including nasal endoscopy, imaging, and laboratory evaluation. This activity will discuss the role of biologic agents in our treatment paradigm for chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis. Additionally, the importance of Type 2 and IgE mediated inflammation in patients with asthma and comorbid upper airway disease will be reviewed, especially as this pertains to the development of a comprehensive patient-specific treatment strategy.
The target audience for this activity is for practicing Allergists and Immunologists.
- Employ state of the art diagnostic strategies for chronic rhinosinusitis patients including nasal endoscopy and CT imaging to assess nasal polyps and response to treatment.
- Explain the importance of treating the comorbidities of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis and allergic and eosinophilic asthma, with due consideration of the interconnected nature of upper and lower airway inflammatory disease
- Explain the mechanisms of action, efficacy and safety of biologic agents for chronic rhinosinusitis with polyps, and allergic or eosinophilic asthma.
- Effectively incorporate biologics into the comprehensive management of chronic rhinosinusitis with polyps and allergic or eosinophilic asthma.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.75 AMA
- 7.75 Attendance
- "Login" to your existing account or create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link.
- Once logged in, return to this course page, select the designated fee and click the "add to cart" button.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.