Interventional Sports Ultrasound Cadaver Course (RP2304A)
Musculoskeletal Ultrasound can be used by clinicians to diagnose musculoskeletal conditions and guide procedures. This hands-on workshop focuses on practical application of ultrasound skills towards procedures through a cadaver course held in the UT Southwestern Simulation Center. Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who have an interest in incorporating ultrasound guidance for procedures in their clinics should attend this one-day course.
THIS ACTIVITY IS INTENDED FOR PROVIDERS IN THE SPECIALTIES OF:
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Family Practice
- Describe anatomical structures when planning and performing US guided procedures
- Display technical skills for needle guidance and probe positioning
- Explain risks associated with specific US guided procedures
- Develop pathway towards incorporation into clinical practice
|7:45 am||Welcome & Introduction|
|8:00 am||Lecture: We All *Needle Little Help|
|8:30 am||Guest Lecture|
|9:15 am||Break & Small Group Assembly|
|9:30 am||Hands-On Sessions|
|1:15 pm||Guest Lecture|
|2:00 pm||Break & Small Group Assembly|
|2:15 pm||Hands-On Sessions|
|5:00 pm||Questions and Answers, & Closing Remarks|
- Dr. Nitin Jain
- Dr. Chaitanya Konda
- Dr. Levent Özçakar
- Dr. Donald Kasitinon
- Dr. Prathap Jayaram
- Dr. Amos Song
- Dr. Reed Williams
- Dr. Renee Enriquez
- Dr. Blair Manning
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.50 AMA
- 7.50 Attendance
Advanced Practice Providers
UTSW PM&R Residents
* Please email Sarah Landreau to receive $0 registration!
Fellows and Residents
- Login to your existing account or create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link.
- Once logged in, return to this course page, select the designated fee and click the "add to cart" button.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.