Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Training Program (RP1910B-041119)
The primary focus of this two day course is to help oncology programs in both large and small centers, academic and community practices learn about the proper implementation, of a viable and effective SBRT treatment practice. Covered topics will include evolution of SBRT from roots in image-guided 3-D conformal therapy and radiosurgery toward ablation of tumors in the body, guidelines for proper treatment conduct, billing and compliance, physics and dosimetry of SBRT with attention to unique requirements beyond conventional radiotherapy and IMRT clinical outcomes an treatment patterns in spine, liver, lung, GI ad GU cancers, and description of various treatment platforms in clinical operation.
This course is designed for radiation oncologists, medical physicists, medical dosimetrists, administrators and radiation therapists interested in implementing SBRT into clinical practice.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Examine the rational and basic biology for delivering ablative doses of radiation to demarcated tumors using SBRT and image-guided techniques
- Implement "on or off treatment protocol based upon mature clinical data
- Identify treatment delivery options for initiating a clinical SBRT program at both large and small centers
- Perform hands on skills in the identification and delivery of SBRT treatments via simulated exercises
- Explain quality assurance and regulatory compliance requirements for implementing a clinical SBRT program
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 13.50 AMA
- 13.50 Attendance