Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 20th Annual Scientific Day - Concussion and the Developing Brain (RP1805A)
This program is designed to highlight recent scientific advances in the field of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury/Post-concussive Syndrome (MTBI/PCS) in the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in children and Adult. this program will also showcase the research performed by residents, fellows and members of the Department of Physical Rehabilitation.
Physiatrists, Family Practice Physicians, Internists, Physical Therapists, Psychologists, NPs and PAs, Nurses, and other healthcare professionals interested in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury/Post-Concussive Syndrome in children and adults.
- Describe evidence suggesting lingering changes in brain function in some youth after clniical recovery from concussion.
- Discuss evaluation tools which may be sensitive to lingering concussion-related changes in brain function.
- Recognize the relationship between cerebrovascular blood flow, inflammatory peptides, and symptom resolution after concussion in young adults.
- Define coordination and different categories of coordination.
- Describe evidence indicating associations between coordination and cognitive performance.
General registration - $95
Trainees – Non-UTSW/PHHS (fellows/residents/medical students) - $25
UTSW Staff/Fellows/Residents/Medical Students - Complimentary
Benjamin N. Nguyen, M.D.
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
UT Southwestern Medical Center
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.50 AMA
- 4.50 Attendance
- Create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link or "login" to your existing account.
- Return to this course page, select the designated fee and click the "add to cart" button.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.
- Refund Policy: A $25 handling fee will be deducted from cancellation refunds. Refund requests must be received by email prior to April 27, 2018. No refunds will be made thereafter.