Dallas-3 day ECLS Course (RP1903B)
This instructive 3 day ELSO Endorsed course is designed for physicians and specialists caring for patients who recieve Extracorporeal Life Support. Course content will include ECMO indications and contraindications, ECMO patient and circuit physiology, cannulation techniques, anticoagulation and other aspects of ECMO patient care and management. The course will spend equal time between didactics and small group simulation (hands-on and fundamentals review). The course will utilize clinical case scenarios; faculty and educator guidance and technological resources to facilitate team training and clinical critical thinking and decision making.
This instructive 3 day ELSO Endorsed course is designed for physicians and other healthcare professionals caring for patients who recieve Extracorporeal Life Support.
- Discuss how to properly assess the candidacy of a given patient for ECMO
- Demonstrate the ability to use of the ECMO circuit and the ability to understand patient physiology
- Demonstrate competence in the daily management of the patient on ECMO
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 19.25 AMA
- 19.25 Attendance
- "Login" to your existing account or create an account in EthosCE, online learning management system, by selecting the "create an account" link.
- On this course page and click the "add to cart" button.
- In the following "checkout" pages you will verify and process your payment.
- After registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent by email.