Brain Summit 2023 Symposium: Current Trends in Neurology (RP2312D)
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Brain Summit 2023 Symposium: Current Trends in Neurology is a one-day live CME activity designed for neuroscience professionals - including physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, and physical therapists - to explore latest advances and current trends in neurology clinical practice and patient care. Didactic presentations, case studies, and panel discussions will present the most current information and address clinical practice challenges for advancing proper diagnosis and best treatment modalities across a wide spectrum of neurological disorders.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Click on the "REGISTER" tab, choose the appropriate category, and pay the registration fee.
Physicians - $150
Advanced Practice Providers - $50
Nurses, Physical Therapists, Medical Assistants, Research Coordinators - $25
Trainees, Students, Residents - $0
This course is designed for physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, and physical therapists in the specialty of Neurology.
- Analyze efficacy and risks of new pharmacological therapies for the treatment and management of MG.
- Evaluate appropriate diagnostic imaging study for patients with neurological disorders.
- Recognize patterns on imaging studies to accurately diagnose and treat patients.
- Identify patients that will have a high yield from genetic testing.
- Discuss epilepsy management based on genetic testing.
- Differentiate types of genetic variation and their impact on diagnosis.
- Recognize at-risk family members and the importance of cascade testing.
- Examine management of seizures, headache, myasthenia gravis and multiple sclerosis in pregnancy.
- Examine the diagnosis and management autoimmune encephalitis.
- Examine the management of strokes with aleteplase and tenecteplase.
- Examine how cerebellar neuromodulation influences the pathological abnormalities of movement disorders.
- Discuss RBD as a significant risk factor of, and predictor for, neurogenerative disease.
- Review the diagnostic approach and criteria for differentiating between Alzheimer’s Disease and non-Alzheimer's Disease dementia.
700 am REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST & EXHIBITS
745 – 800 Welcome & Announcements
8 – 830 Current Therapeutics in Myasthenia Gravis – Dr. Shaida Khan
830 – 900 Advances in Dementia – Dr. Trung Nguyen
900 – 915 Q&A
Moderator – TBA
915 – 945 Deep Brain Stimulation in Dystonia – Dr. Vibhash Sharma
945 – 1015 Updates in Stroke: Alteplase vs Tenecteplase for Acute Stroke – Dr Erica Jones
1015 – 1030 Q&A
Moderator – TBA
1030 – 1100 BREAK & EXHIBITS
1100 – 1140 Genetics in Epilepsy – Dr. Deepa Sirsi and Dr Markey McNutt
1140 – 1220 Management of Neurological Disorders in Pregnancy – Dr Annie Ambia,
Dr Lauren Tardo, Dr Jaya Trivedi, TBA for HA
1220 – 1235 Q&A
Moderator – TBA
1235 – 130 pm LUNCH & EXHIBITS
130 – 200 Central Autoimmune Neurology – Dr Kyle Blackburn
200 – 230 Neuroimaging – Dr Marco Pinho
230 – 300 REM Sleep Behavior Disorder & Neurodegenerative Disease – Dr Michael Ibarra
300-315 pm Q&A
Modetaor – TBA
315 pm ADJOURN
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas designates this continuing education activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of the participation in the activity.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center certifies that non-physicians will receive an attendance certificate stating that they participated in the activity that was designated for 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- 6.00 AMA
- 6.00 Attendance