Updates to Ethos Faculty Disclosures
As mentioned in our recent RSS Fall Workshop, there are some changes coming from the ACCME affecting how we collect disclosure forms in Ethos for CME activities. We are proud to announce that we have fully converted the Ethos disclosure form to meet all of the new standards.
One of the most significant changes affecting RSS activity disclosures is that all financial relationships with ineligible companies (previously known as commercial interests) within the last 24 months need to be reported (previously 12 months).
As such, any disclosure form that was completed prior to Nov 11, 2021 will be considered expired by the close of the year and a new disclosure will need to be submitted on the updated web form before Jan 1, 2022.
This renewal of disclosure forms also allows us to ensure ALL financial relationships are reported, not just those that are deemed ‘relevant’ by the course faculty completing the form.
We are asking for your assistance in collecting new disclosure forms before the close of the year. The direct link to send to your course faculty is listed below.
We are pleased to announce that the latest versions of the templates are now available to download:
Please note that the language on both the Announcement and the DTL have been updated to meet the latest standards put forth by the ACCME. This means that these templates will need to be used for all RSS sessions after January 1, 2022.
Be sure to check back on the RSS Coordinator page for the latest updates. Please reach out to your assigned CME Coordinator with any questions or concerns.
RSS Activity Process Overview
RSS Session Notification (2 weeks prior-to session)
Create session folder in SharePoint
- Dated session folder is created in SharePoint by RSS Coordinator as soon as a session has been scheduled (more than 2 weeks in advance)
- If a session folder is not created in SharePoint at least 2 weeks in advance, our office will assume you are not holding a session
- The CME office Sr. Administrative Assistant will send the Coordinator the Session Course link 2 weeks prior to the session date (i.e. ‘321_022821’ Course link will be emailed on 2/14/21)
- RSS Coordinator will add faculty upon receipt of the course link and start the clock on the disclosure collection in Ethos
If Session Course links are needed in advance of the 2-week standard Timeline:
- Dated session folders must already be created in SharePoint before special request is submitted
- RSS Coordinator will send an email request to Monica for specific sessions; links will not be created for sessions more than 2 months out from request date (i.e. Request emailed 2/1/2021 for sessions through 4/30/21)
- The CME office Sr. Administrative Assistant will have up to 10 business days to accommodate request
Track Disclosure form completion
1) Receive Course Link email
2) Build Faculty list in Ethos
To bypass the outgoing email for people you will add week-to-week, such as course directors, when you go to Add Faculty in the course page, do NOT select “Disclosure Attestation” under Form Type. If this isn’t selected, no email will go out and we can avoid overwhelming them with emails every week.
You may follow up with faculty to update their disclosure form at this link: cme.utsouthwestern.edu/my/edit/disclosure
3) Review Disclosure completion dates
4) Transcribe disclosure info to session DTL
Notify the CME office of any reported financial relationships/potential conflicts of interest at least 1 week prior to the session
Upload RSS Documentation to SharePoint Session Folder (3 Days Prior to Session)
Upload RSS documentation to SharePoint
Announcements and DTLs must be uploaded to the respective SharePoint session folder at least 3 business days in advance of the session in order for proper review/approval of the session. Event IDs are generated upon approval of this documentation and once all conflicts of interest are resolved.
Provide Announcement, DTL, and Event ID to Learners (Day of Session)
Provide Announcement, Disclosure to Learner (DTL) listing, Event ID to learners prior-to session
Event ID resources (Text to Sign-in)
- Event ID slide
- Virtual meeting chat messages: (Insert the unique Event ID for the session). We suggest posting at login, mid-way and at the end of your session.
- TEXT <Event ID> to 972-573-8343 or log in and enter at cme.utsouthwestern.edu/code to receive CME or attendance credit for this session. NOTE: Event ID is only valid the day of the session
- Mobile Sign-in Help Page for further assistance https://cme.utsouthwestern.edu/guide/sign-in-methods
- Includes confirmation messages and responses!
- Online option: Alternatively, attendance can be recorded online through your desktop or mobile web browser by going to cme.utsouthwestern.edu/code (you must be signed into your cme.utsouthwestern.edu profile to access)
- Technical assistance: If you or your learners have any questions, email your assigned program coordinator
RSS Coordinator Workshop Slides
- RSS CME Coordinator Annual Workshop Fall 2021 - **NEW**
- RSS CME Coordinator Annual Workshop Fall 2020
- Event ID Slide - UPDATED!
- Announcement - UPDATED! (Use is required for sessions starting 1/1/2022)
- Disclosure to Learner - UPDATED! (Use is required for sessions starting 1/1/2022)
- UTSW Legal Office Speaker Authorization Form (pdf)
- Required for ALL external speakers (Non-UTSW) - DO NOT USE FOR UTSW SPEAKERS
- Required if live streaming and/or recording of lectures
- If revisions to the form are requested, they will have to be reviewed and approved by UTSW Legal Department
- If the Speaker is not agreeable to all of these terms, they cannot present.
Speciality Credit Requests: Contact your assigned CME Program Coordinator with any questions in-advance
Working with CME course faculty
Transcripts from 2014-present are available for learners online at cme.utsouthwestern.edu. If they cannot recall their password, they can request a password reset at this link: https://cme.utsouthwestern.edu/user/password
To update your disclosure:
- Log in to your cme.utsouthwestern.edu profile
- If you do not recall your password, you can request a new one at this link: https://cme.utsouthwestern.edu/user/password
- Go directly to your disclosure form here: https://cme.utsouthwestern.edu/my/edit/disclosure
- Review the information for accuracy/current status
- Hit SAVE at the bottom of the page.
https://cme.utsouthwestern.edu/my/faculty-relationships - link to direct CME course faculty to view their pending forms once they have signed in